Media coverage of Josephson Institute’s 2009 report on honesty and integrity
In October 2009, Josephson Institute released a report showing that those who lie and cheat in high school are more apt to be dishonest adults. The Institute’s biennial Report Card on the Ethics of American Youth has consistently shown widespread lying and cheating among teens, but the 2009 report is the first to suggest that this behavior (and related attitudes about it) can be a predictor of adult conduct. See report »
National Press Club Speech
On October 29, 2009, Josephson Institute president Michael Josephson addressed the National Press Club to highlight findings of the Institute’s 2009 study on adult integrity.
Read summary » Read transcript »
- Reno-Gazette Journal, NV, 11/24/09: Study says teens believe lying and cheating required to succeed
- WWLP 22News, MA, 11/04/09: Teens say lying, cheating necessary
- Exchange Magazine, 11/03/09: Study of Values and Behaviour Concerning Integrity
- Concord Monitor, NH, 11/03/09: Lying, cheating kids? We’re not so sure
- The Forum of Fargo-Moorhead, ND, 11/02/09: Are we raising kids to be liars?
- The Aspen Times, 11/01/09: Codes of honor � quaint, or vitally important?
- Hartford Courant, CT, 10/30/09: Nationwide: Computers increase students’ temptation to cheat
- Los Angeles Times, CA, 10/29/09: Seeds of adult dishonesty are sown in youth, study finds
- Minneapolis Star-Tribune, MN, 10/29/09: Cheating teens tend to become dishonest adults
- Washington Examiner, DC, 10/29/09: By the numbers: cheating starts early
- Southern California Public Radio (NPR), CA, 10/30/09: Do survey respondents lie about lying?
- Inside School Research (Education Week blog), 10/30/09: Study: Once a Cheater, Always a Cheater
- Crosswalk.com, 10/29/09: Seeds of adult dishonesty are sown in youth
- Financeprofessor.com, 10/29/09: Seeds of adult dishonesty are sown in youth
- Themanjimmy.com, 10/29/09: Seeds of adult dishonesty are sown in youth
- Jezebel.com, 10/29/09: Liar, liar: Kids believe you’ve gotta cheat to get ahead
- Meotive.com, 10/29/09: Liar, liar: Kids believe you’ve gotta cheat to get ahead
- ZonTV.com, 10/29/09: Bill O’Reilly asks why critics are sticking up for Fox